1.9.10

City of Bikes

I see bikes everywhere! Sometimes I feel like I'm going mad. On the streets, on the footpaths, locked up in people's front balconies. Since getting a bike I've become more and more attuned to their presence in Sydney. My Sixth-Bike-Sense can pick up the click of a bicycle wheel from a block away- and I can't help but whip my head around to have a look.

I wonder If i was just blind before. Maybe there's always been this many bikes in Sydney. Either way, with all of the press the Cycleways and mandatory helmet laws are receiving lately, surely the bike is going to become a more viable option for a lot of Sydney-siders. And that can only be a good thing.

A few weeks ago down at the markets, it was a bonanza of bikes. All sorts too. Lovely stylish bikes, mountain bikes, fixies, sporty bikes...
It seemed like all the bikes had come out for the day. We rolled around Glebe and Sydney Uni on our own two wheels, snapping those we spotted.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

j.xoxo

No comments: